When & Where: The only way to sign up for or renew membership will be at the monthly meeting. Meetings are held at 7:00 pm on the 3rd Wednesday of the month at Sister's Barn Restaurant 1408 S Pacific Coast Hwy, Redondo Beach, CA 90277. New members must have their bows with them when they sign up.
You'll receive a gate key, a membership card, and a vehicle sticker. The sticker goes inside the window and can be moved from one vehicle to another; it sticks without glue. Replacement for a lost key is $25. An additional sticker is $1.
What to bring: print out the application form (one application per family) and one waiver and photo release for each family member intending to shoot. READ THE ENTIRE APPLICATION BEFORE YOU SIGN IT! Fill the forms completely and bring them to the monthly club meeting.
How much: New memberships for the first year is $200 ($185 annual membership, and $15 processing fee). If you join mid-year for the first time, you may pro-rate membership fees for the remaining months to February at $15 per month plus new membership processing fee of $15.
There is no additional charge for family memberships (immediate family only) including children to the age of 18, or children to the age of 25 if they’re living at home while attending college.
Renewals: Each year there after the annual fee is $185 and is due on February 26, 2023. Our membership year is from the last week of February to February, starting from the Monday after our last shoot. Late renewals still pay for the whole year. No exceptions.
Work party credit: For every three hours you work at the club you get $50.00 credit up to a maximum of $100 off your annual membership the following year. SBAC work parties are scheduled by the SBAC Range Captain and will be announced via email
Basic Guidelines and Rules - Please read before signing
1. A bow must be presented to join the Club.
2. All members while on the range are to own and shoot archery equipment (wooden
bows, recurve or compound bows). Neither crossbows nor the use of any firearms is
permitted; this includes pellet, airsoft, and paintball guns as well.
3. Entry onto the range by vehicle is restricted exclusively to archery and no other purpose
whatsoever, including beach access.
4. No alcohol, smoking, nor open flames are permitted on the range.
5. Parking is only permitted in the parking lot near the practice area, not along the road
nor at the top.
6. Club shoots (Field & Hunter Round shoots) are every fourth Sunday at 9:00 a.m. and the
third Sunday in December. The range will be closed to non-shoot participants and will
reopen at 2:00 pm on those days.
7. The range is closed the day before and the of scheduled 3D shoots.
8. Club meetings are every 3rd Wednesday of the month at 7:00pm. Meetings are held at
Sister's barn restaurant 1408 S Pacific Coast Hwy, Redondo Beach, CA 90277
9. New membership fee to join is $200, which includes a one-time registration of $15. All
new members receive ONE (1) gate key to access range. Should new members join after
the month of February, the annual membership fee will be prorated per a monthly schedule based on the joining month, through the fourth Sunday in February of the
10. Renewing memberships annual fee is $185. All renewing members receive one (1) new
gate key to access range. Annual club renewals take place during the month of February. Renewing Memberships are NOT prorated.
11. All members will be issued a SBAC decal that must be visible on their vehicle when
parking at the range.
12. COST TO REPLACE LOST KEY STARTS AT $25.00.
13. Work Parties: If a member has contributed a club documented log with a minimum of
six (6) three hours at a work party or parties during the previous year, a credit of $100
will be applied to their annual membership fee for the following year.
14. All members will abide by the Club's By-Laws and Constitution, and all local laws and
rules as set forth by the City of Rancho Palos Verdes, our Conditional Use Permit, the
Palos Verdes Peninsula Land Conservancy, the Coastal Commission and the local Fire
Department. Failure to comply may result with expulsion from the Club.
15. Local flora and fauna are to remain unharmed. This includes but is not limited to rabbits
and other rodents, lizards, snakes, hawks, foxes, owls, and pelicans.
16. The Club, its Board, and members are not responsible for archery-related accidents nor
any damages as a result of and movement or other acts of nature. Everyone who enters
the range does so at his/her own risk.
17. There are no pets allowed on the range at any time.
18. Members must have a signed insurance waiver on file.
Guests must sign and submit a waiver to be allowed on the range. Waivers are available
on the SBAC website. Link:
19. Members must have a signed photo release on file.
20. Members are responsible for their guests and children.
21. Announcements appear on our website (southbayarchery.com) and Facebook page, and
direct emails as necessary.
22. In order to be eligible to participate for a Club Trophy Award, club members must have
completed at least four (4) shoots out of 10 (ten) shoots that are held from January to
December. Awards are handed out at the Annual Club Banquet.
Sign up to hear about club events, news, closures and more.